MOREANA | Lawyers and Economists develops a continuous effort to improve and keep updated the formation of the professionals working at or collaborating with the Firm. In – company sessions, a selected library, internal distribution of reading materials and recommendation of sources of special interest, are some of the actions that articulate that effort. Formation focuses on cutting – edge issues of Law and Economics, but also pays attention to other areas of professional endeavor and to wider areas of cultural interest.
The ties of MOREANA | Lawyers and Economists with academia and higher education, originated and consolidated by the condition of part time university professors of some of our professionals. Those ties takes take advantage of and build on the frequent organization of specialized workshops and seminaries at universities and institutions of higher education. All that bears an extremely positive impact on the every day work at our Firm, as well as, in a broader perspective, on society as a whole.
Formative activities organized or sponsored by MOREANA | Lawyers and Economists are developed, both in the framework of the outreach social activities of the Firm, in this case being free and open pro bono activities, and on request of individuals or institutions, private or governmental (in – company formation). Some of the issues and topics covered by our formation efforts in that context are the following:
- Complex financial products: preferential shares, interest rate swaps, structured funds, multi – currency mortgages, etcetera.
- Debt collection in the private sector: pretrial strategies and trial techniques to achieve a faster and fuller recovery of debt, paying special attention to the possibilities established by the law to derive personal responsibility to members of the boards of companies and corporations, as well as to the claim to collect punitive interests on the basis of Spanish Law 3/2004 on Debt Collection.
- Debt collection in the government sector: thorough study of the administrative and judicial proceedings towards collection of debts from governmental institutions, with special attention paid to the ways to compulsory execution of judicial decisions and to derivation of personal responsibility to public officers and elected officials. Attention is also paid to the possibility of collecting punitive interests on the basis of Spanish Law 3/3004, and to the specific cautionary measures established by the Law to ensure recovery.
- Bankruptcy prevention strategies and bankruptcy proceedings: strategies to prevent bankruptcy (asset and debt restructuring, refinancing, etcetera), and legal and economic advice along the course of bankruptcy proceedings, with emphasis on the possibilities to derive personal responsibility to the administrators and board members of corporations.
- Responsibilities of administrators and board members of corporations: theoretical and practical study of the different cases of derivation of responsibility to administrators and board members of corporation for the bankruptcy of their companies.
- Construction defects: Rights of consumers to judicially claim to recover damages from the professionals and companies intervening in construction processes.
Other issues can also be considered to be subject of particular sessions, on request of the individuals or entities asking our Firm for specific formation. MOREANA | Lawyers and Economists always ensures the highest possible quality of the formative activities and the professional competence of the professors appointed to deliver the talks or lectures, recruiting them, if possible, among professionals with ties to academia, persons with top – ranking higher education diplomas (with special consideration given to Ph. D. graduates), and / or a wide experience on the topics to be covered.
The format and place to develop the formative sessions can be adapted according to the requirements of the promoter of the particular activity. A preliminary budget, carefully adjusted to the financial possibilities available, is always drafted and agreed beforehand.
Some of the formative activities organized by MOREANA | Lawyers and Economists and / or his members and collaborators are the following:
- Monographic Seminary on Debt collection in the Private and the Government Sector. Organized jointly with the Chamber of Commerce of Seville. Held in EUSA University Center (Seville), November 22nd, 2011.
- Practical Workshop on Organization and Management of Law Firms. Organized jointly with the Seville Bar Association. Held in the Conference Hall of the Seville Bar Association (Seville), June 14th, 2010.
- Monographic Seminary on Mortgage Execution and Eviction Proceedings on the wake of Decision of March 14th 2013 of the European Union Court of Justice. Organized in collaboration with the University of Seville School of Law. Held in the Conference Hall of the University of Seville School of Law, April 4th, 2013.
- Monographic Seminary on Complex Financial Products. Organized in collaboration with the University of Seville School of Law. Held in the Conference Hall of the University of Seville School of Law, June 4th, 2013.
- Short Courses on Preferential Shares, Interest Rate Swaps and Other Complex Financial Products (forthcoming). To be organized jointly with the Chamber of Commerce of Badajoz (Spain). To be held in the offices of the Chamber in Don Benito, Badajoz and Zafra in October – November 2013.